Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun on the Freeway, Part 2

This weekend we braved the cold and went to the opening of the second half of Highway 40, aptly titled Fun on the Freeway. Just like Sweat 4 Pets, it was fun to think about what we did last year compared to this year.

2008:
Megan and I before the 5K run. It was so cool to run on the highway in December. Everyone was really excited and it was a fun crowd.


Here I am finishing, if you look closely. I thought I was doing horrible and the run felt miserable, but I took about 2 minutes off my previous 5K time!


A view of the new highway


Close to the Ballas Rd Exit


After I did the run, Nate rode his bike nearly the entire length of the first section to open.


2009: We walked between Hanley Rd and the Big Bend Exit. It was fun to see runners, walkers, bikers, roller bladers, skate boarders, unicyclers, and other interesting people. People also wrote in chalk all over the median and the road.


Almost to the Bellevue Exit. I realize that the weather and overcast sky actually looks exactly the same in both years.


At the Big Bend exit.

No comments: