Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pizza Night!

Ok so it's been too long since our last update. There's been a lot going on in the Tenholder house the last few weeks.

On July 2nd we had the Stanley family over for pizza night. I have to remember to take pictures of people and not just food. The thing is that I love to cook, but cooking for people you love is something I treasure. That's corny but I'm cool with it. I'm not really trying to make this into a food blog, but if the point of a blog is to accurately reflect your interests then this is a "win."

All of the toppings prepped and ready to go as the crust rises:



My specialty pizza made with a base of caramelized onions instead of a sauce, prosciutto bits, apple slices, and topped with white cheddar cheese. I firmly believe that pizza does not photograph well and that this pizza is much more delicious than this photo would have you believe! I'm thinking about entering this pizza recipe into a contest somewhere!



This is the other pizza we love. It's a BLT pizza I adapted from one offered at California Pizza Kitchen. It has chicken, a small amount of cheese, and then roma tomatoes, avacado, and lettuce are added after the bake. It's extra delicious with our very own garden fresh romas!


Pizza night was a success - there were few leftovers and we even managed to sneak in a walk.

No comments: