Thursday, June 20, 2013

Like mother, like daughter

I first saw Violet's shoes under the table and was about to remind her to put her shoes away.  It was the end of the day and I was tired and feeling frustrated I had to pick something else up - even though it's not that big of a deal.  I bent over to pick up her shoes and saw mine right under hers!  We both must have kicked them off during dinner and didn't bother to put them away.  It was a good reminder that I'm constantly teaching habits and that we are more alike than I know.  Funny how something small made me feel even more connected to my little lady.  It goes along with our family word of the week: awareness.   Awareness of the little things and how blessed we are to have a happy growing family.  Maybe in a couple of years there will be 3 pairs of shoes stacked up like this and I will remember, again, how good we have it.  All that from shoes, friends!

No comments: