Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bedroom Redone!

I found these plywood boards on our street out for trash day and thought they'd make a good craft project.  I thought about using them for frames, for baby boy's room, or a few other things.  Then I realized they were perfect for a project I've been wanting to do for a long time: a headboard for our room. 


So Nate put them together and I put a layer of thick foam over it to make it really soft and cushy.  Then I wrapped a fabric around it and we were ready to put it up. 


Voila!  Horrible.  I loathe it.  So ugly and the color is all wrong.  Gross and awful.  I had to do something because I could hardly sleep in here anymore.  This is what nesting does to a pregnant lady!  I have a long list of things to do before the new baby arrives, and about 95% of it has NOTHING TO DO WITH A BABY!!! 


I used many hours of kid-free morning time (thanks, VBS!) to shop and get together this beautiful new space!  I recovered the ugly headboard with a grey velvet that is awesome, got new white sheets and a couple of new fluffy pillows, and a few new decorations.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Even these little doo-dads on the headboard are great!
Another view.  Love the grey and white striped shoe bin by the dresser and the comfy white rug. 


Just a few updates have made such a difference.  Not everything is perfect or high-end, but it feels nice and comfortable to us!


One of the coolest projects was upholstering the bed frame.  I took off the old and gross bedskirt and stapled the same grey velvet from the headboard all around the box springs.  It looks so clean and I just love it. 







No comments: