Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Interesting morning

 Today has been very eventful.  What started out as a morning park playdate turned into a trip to the Emergency Room for Violet.  She is totally fine and I am very confident that she was under Divine protection this morning. 



These buddies were spontaneously holding hands!

All of the kids were going up the stairs and down the big hill.  It was a fun and beautiful morning!  
 And then...a friend hugged her and she fell straight back and hit her head on the concrete.  It wasn't anybody's fault.  I thought she just fell but when I picked her up my friend told me there was blood and I could feel it on my hands and arms.  There was so much blood it was really terrifying.  I am so thankful so many of our friends were there to help me out.  They helped get some water to put on her head so I could try to see the cut.  They helped me load everything in the car and call Nate to tell him what happened.  He was out with his work car (see what I mean about Divine protection) and not to far from us so he came quickly and we all went to Cardinal Glennon.  She was pretty upset the whole time and I think she was more scared than anything else, especially because I was crying and everyone was rushing around her.  She did keep feeling her head so I know it was hurting her.  The ER was very efficient and they quickly got us to a room and washed her hair to find a tiny scratch.  They decided since she reacted appropriately she didn't need any more testing like an MRI so we were free to go.  Over the next 24 hours we have some symptoms to look for, but she should be totally fine.  It was very scary,  but I am so thankful for so much about the morning.  I feel so confident that God protected my sweet girl because she is even more precious to Him. 


Stickers helped her be patient while we waited for the doctor.  See the ankle bracelet she got?  We kept telling her how special it was!

She was pretty excited to get a popsicle.  She was so brave! 

No comments: