Monday, October 8, 2012

Daytona Beach

The best view!  Seriously, all we did was lay around for the entire trip.  We laid on the beach and by the pool.  Then ate something and took a nap.  Then laid around again.  Then occasionally got dressed and went out for dinner.  We read books, napped, sat in comfortable silence with waves as our background music, and ate.  It was fantastic and just what we needed and wanted! We knew that Violet was having fun with Grandma and Papa Tenholder and so we could rest easy. 

On the boardwalk

If you know me well, then you know I LOVE getting rental cars.  I just love driving other cars. It's a weird thing about me.  We cruised around the strip in this cherry red Chevy Sonic.

The "ocean view" from our balcony - thanks, Priceline.

Beach time!

What's he thinking about?  Contemplating thermodynamics?  Who knows?

The books we brought for 4 days - we read almost all of them!

Lounging poolside.  See what I mean?

On the boardwalk

Gratuitous ocean shots

When we found out our hotel didn't provide beach chairs, we were bummed.  When we found out we could rent them from a vendor for $30 a day, we were miffed.  Nate got inventive and dug us out custom beach chairs.  It doesn't look like much, but they were super comfy and lasted throughout our stay.  He even dug us out cup holders for our margaritas!



Enjoying my (free) custom chair.

Blinded by the lights at our only "nice" outing - The Cellar restaurant.

More boardwalk action.  Should I have grouped the Boardwalk pictures together? Yes.  Am I still feeling delightfully lazy from our trip and don't feel like messing with it?  Double yes.

Proof we were at Daytona Beach.  See the tiny sign behind us? 

One of the best restaurants in Atlanta happens to be in the airport - it's called One Flew South.  We had just enough layover time to eat there and it was delicious.  Here's my chicken dish.

Enjoying the last of our trip in style! 

Then waking up to the best view of all - a smiling 2-year-old!  She was really excited about her Daytona Beach snowglobe.

And a light-up cup!  We had a great time but are happy to be safely home :-)

2 comments:

Meg O. said...

LOOOOOOOVE. Your hair is SO cute. You look HOT especially in that blue suit with the ocean behind you. I love all the relaxing and reading (how was gone girl?) and time with your main man. The pics were great, thanks for sharing!!!! Love and miss you sunshine!!!

Katie said...

Melissa,

I love your blog! And your trip looks absolutely awesome, given that it was all about relaxation! I do have to ask though (because the book picture made so very happy)- was "Gone Girl" good? It's on my reading list, but I'm waiting to read it till later this year when I'm done with a few other books. Looking for recommendations though so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Anyway, say hi to Nathan and Violet for me!