Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love and Science

Something wonderful happened at the Science Center yesterday. It seemed like just another fun day out. We met up with some friends from our playgroup. We went somewhere fun, free, and air conditioned. I was worn out by the time we got home.

Sometime during the course of the morning I fell head over heels in love with my toddler. I always LOVE her, but sometimes I feel IN LOVE with her right where she's at. Not a tiny baby wrapped close to me, not a clingy 9-month old who only wants mama, not an unsure 1-year-old still a little unsteady, but a confident and fun-loving toddler. I'm loving her right where she is and we had SO MUCH FUN together. Sure, I didn't get to hardly say more than 10 words to my mom friends and I didn't get any "me" time. I decided to let her show me what was fun and to just follow her to what she wanted to do and it was so nice. We ran up and down a big ramp playing "get you, get you" nearly 50 times. Let me tell you that her giggle was contagious! We sat on the bridge and looked out the window to see cars going down the highway for 45 minutes! We found trucks, cars, and motorcycles. I made myself look silly playing "slow, fast" with her where we hold hands and walk slow then we walk really fast. She thinks it's the coolest game ever! I cherish these pictures because it reminds me how special this time is and how much fun my little toddler is!

She can climb up all by herself


Trying to build the Arch out of blocks (can you spot the Yo My Goodness tattoo on her arm?) This girl loves frozen treats!


I like this one because you can tell she's in motion because everything is blurry behind her. She's too busy to eat the snacks that she's carrying around because everything else is way too fascinating.

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

I love those moments when you fall in love with right where your kiddo is... You will never forget that day!