Thursday, May 5, 2011

coupons

I went to a coupon class last week and put my new skills to use last night. I'm pretty proud of the deals I got through clipping coupons, using helpful websites, and buying the right combination of things. I was happy to go to Walgreens and get things that we actually need and use and to save so much money. It was pretty exciting :-)

I got all of this for $11!!! (I paid $24 but got $13 in register rewards for Walgreens which I used like cash in my next transaction! So net was $11. The retail price for everything is $50!)



-2 12 packs of toilet paper
-Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner
-Tylenol Precise cream for achy muscles (it ended up being free so I just thought we'd try it)
-Gum Eez flossers (also free)
-Dawn dish soap
-Gillette razor with 2 cartridges for Nate
-Bic Soleil razors for me
-Skinny Cow snack bar

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg good job Melis!! I still have been too lazy to put any of the coupon skills we learned to use...but I'm impressed at your success! Woohoo!

Ashley said...

Woot woot! Oh man, once you get your first free item you're hooked! I shop Kroger a lot, but I have no clue what stores are like down there. My latest deal was getting $23 of formula for $2.74. YES!

Meg O. said...

WOOT WOOT! You go girl!!! I hope to get better at this. Maybe following you will help :) I like the resources you have shared with me though!