Monday, October 4, 2010

6 months

I cannot believe it's been 6 months since our baby girl arrived on the scene. Sometimes it feels as though she's been here forever and it's hard to imagine our lives without her. Other times it feels as though her time with us has gone by so fast and it seems like yesterday she was a snuggly newborn who wasn't mobile. But the fact is she's 6 months old and we're enjoying every moment!

Here are some of my favorite things about Violet Olivia at 6 months:
-She is sitting up so well
-She is such a fast army crawler. When she has been playing for a while and wants a change, she'll crawl over to my feet and start pulling up on my legs.
- She'll take a break from crawling for a few seconds and just rest and kick her legs for a minute.
-When we're out somewhere and a stranger talks to her, she'll quickly turn her head and bury it into my shoulder
-She is very sweet to other babies
-When she sucks on her bottom lip with her wide-eyed expression and just melts my heart
-Even though she's mobile she still loves being held in the Moby wrap
-She splashes like crazy in the bathtub and has so much fun
-Her two bottom teeth are so cute! They are also impossible to photograph.
-She's a petite girl, but strong and healthy. When we got her 6 month shots the nurse said she's the strongest 6 month old she'd ever met and she's worked with babies for over 20 years. She's small and mighty! Hey, at least her clothes last a lot longer!
-When she gets excited she squeaks



Happy 6 months, sweet baby girl!



Yay! It's my half-birthday!





This is really how this month's chair pictures went:

Oohhh, the table. I think I'll go check it out.


Yep, the table is so much more fun than just sitting in the chair.


I'm almost there!


Whoa!



Also, she really enjoys sticking out her tongue lately.



No comments: