Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweat 4 Pets

The Sweat 4 Pets is a big event for us each year. It's an annual fundraiser for local pet charities held in Tower Grove Park. They have a 1 mile fun walk, 5K, and 10K.

2006: I sat on the sidelines with Jackamo while Nate did the 5K. I remember feeling so lame watching everyone be active while I just camped out. The guys looked great though!



2007: We did not participate. However, I was on my weight loss journey then and decided that in 2008 I would run the 5K. This seemed like a completely unattainable goal but I was determined.

2008: My first 5K! There was a group of 4 of us and we all ran the 5K. My friend Megan also did her first 5K on that day and we were both so excited and nervous. Our husbands can both run a 5K with little to no preparation, however. I also laid out my future plans for the next several years on this day. I said that hopefully in 2009 I would do the 1 mile fun walk because I would be pregnant, in 2010 I would do the 5K with a jogging stroller, and in 2011 I would do the 10K with a jogging stroller, then there was even talk of double jogging strollers after that.


Me before the race feeling very official with my number pinned on!


Us before the race. It was freezing! It actually started to flurry while we were running.


Me along with the Osborns at the line up. Nate was way ahead of us because he's speedy.


Almost to the end!


At the shoot and sprinting to the end!


2009: Just as I said I would last year, this year I did the 1 mile fun walk while Nate ran the 5K. It was perhaps the most beautiful day in the history of the world and it was great to look back and see how things have changed since our first time here in 2006. God has been so gracious to us!

My guys before the run


Charging through to the finish


The walkers at home after the race


I can't wait to see our pictures from 2010!

No comments: