Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So...P90X

So, I have a confession.  I finished P90X a few weeks ago and haven't posted pictures yet.  Blame it on the heat, the funk I was going through, or laziness.  But I have pictures and an update, now!

I have a few before and after pictures.  I have some 30 day pictures I posted a few months ago but didn't take 60 day pictures. 

I liked the program a lot.  I didn't see the results I was hoping for after the full 90 days, but that surely has something to do with how much effort I was putting in.  I did do the full program of workouts 6 days a week.  I did, however, modify it.  I did Turbokick at the gym instead of Yoga and I ran instead of doing the cardio DVD.  I think that the weights I had weren't heavy enough and I wasn't willing to spend a lot of money on new weights for home use.  I do not see a lot of progress in the pictures, but I can feel it in my body. I definitely feel stronger and more toned.  And, most importantly, I'm closer to my goal of being half the person I once was!  I also discovered that my attention span for a workout program is about 80 days.  I was SO OVER IT towards the end.  Tired of hearing the instructor's voice, tired of being the basement working out, and tired of doing the same workouts.  Now I am doing a triathlon training program from a book and I really love all of the variety!  I can't wait for the triathlon in September!

Stats:
-Went from 173 to 165 pounds
-Lost about 5 total inches
-Lost 3% bodyfat (according to home scale I use regularly)
-can lift much heavier weights now (i.e. was doing 8 lb bicep curls and now do 15 or 20 lbs at the gym)
-running a mile as fast as I can went from 10:05 to 8:48
-Have pretty badass arms and am not shy about showing them off!
-Longer hair and more tan


 Before:                                                                 After:




 Before:                                                                       After:




No comments: