Friday, March 12, 2010

38 weeks



How far along?
38 weeks
Total weight gain: Does it really matter at this point?
Maternity clothes?
I can barely stretch into my pajama T-shirts, as demonstrated in this week's picture
Sleep: love it!
Best moment this week: Getting so much done over the weekend. Now we've traded cars and we both have a carseat base installed in the backseat. Seeing it back there is a little surreal.
Food Cravings: Anything that will keep me full for longer than thirty minutes and not make me feel gross
Movement: lots of rolling and squirming that's almost making me sore!
Gender: GIRL!!
Labor Signs: I don't really think anything serious, but my doctor said last week that some of the tightening I'm feeling is not her moving but may be contractions. I also have been experiencing the return of morning sickness and some crampy feelings and these are all early signs of labor - they could last another few days or a few weeks!
What I miss: Being able to keep up with daily household stuff. My husband is amazing and is doing everything without complaining and I don't even have to ask. He'll make dinner, clean it up, do the laundry, and even help me put my socks and shoes on!!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my sweetie!!
Weekly Wisdom: Asking a very pregnant lady if she's "had that baby yet" or "when's that baby going to come?" or any other ridiculous questions may be hazardous to your health. Also, commenting on the her size/shape/puffiness/etc. is not a good idea. Particularly if you walk in without a greeting and say "Well, somebody's face is getting a little puffy" whilst doing a cheek slapping gesture is highly discouraged.
Milestones: I can officially say I'm due any day now. It feels totally surreal to actually say that though. Packing the hospital bags and installing the carseats makes everything feel a little more real, though.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't believe someone actually told you your face was puffy. People are ridiculous sometimes! I think you look perfectly lovely. Way to go on being ready for the hospital! This is exciting stuff!