Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Scenes from our day narrated by Violet

The last 2 weeks have marked a HUGE jump in Violet's vocabulary.   It is so fun to hear her sound so much more grown up now. 
2 weeks ago: She would, for example, ask me to pick her up and say "mommy pick you up" since that's how she hears it.  Now she's all about using I, my, your, and occasionally mine. Pronouns are awesome!
Now: Pick me up, mommy.
2 weeks ago: close it
Now: Just leave it closed, mommy.
2 weeks ago: she would just say "this?" for things she didn't know
Now: What is this, mommy? What was that sound, mommy?  What does that mean? What does this thing do?

So, in honor of her big language jump, I will have her narrate part of our morning.  

I just need a little privacy, mommy.


I take this picture by myself, mommy.

Mommy, read this dog dog book to me.  I want you to read it!

I'm counting my fingers, mommy.



I love Elmo, mommy.  Let's watch it for a few minutes.

Just stay inside, mommy.

I want to eat lunch outside on my table.

I want to make these cake pops, mommy.  (Her favorite book right now is the Bakerella cake pop book.  She looks at it multiple times a day!)

Ooohhh, look at these ones mommy.  Find them for me.  Saw these ones last night. (Her frame of reference for time is saying "last night" for the past and "in a few minutes" for anything in the future.)
I see robot ones!  Watch this, mommy.  (in reference to planking!)

No comments: