Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome baby Luca!

My beautiful, creative, hilarious, and encouraging friend Theresa gave birth to her son Luca yesterday.  I can't wait to see her as a new mom.  She and her husband Michael have so much love to give Luca.  He is such a lucky guy to have such great parents!  The thing about Theresa and I is that - we're sisters.  Sometimes we pick on each other and get under each other's skin in ways you only can when you know someone so well and you have a unique bond.  But we also love and protect each other fiercely.  It's something we have always done and will continue to do.  We support each other, encourage each other, and make each other laugh like nobody else can.  So, in effect, Luca is my nephew!  I'm also so lucky because for a few weeks this year I'll get to spend 3 days a week with this precious baby.  I think of my good friends kids as part of my family and I'm so excited to be able to spend time with Nora, Margaret, and Luca this year.  They are all so precious to me!  Welcome to our family, baby Luca!  We already love  you so much.

Sweet cuddlebug!
So handsome!


2 comments:

Meg O. said...

Sweet boy! Congrats Theresa!

JamieShook said...

I can't wait to meet him!!