Monday, August 30, 2010

1 night, 2 scenes

Scene 1: I'm holding Violet on my lap and we're playing and having fun. My leg feels a little wet, but I think she probably drooled on me and I don't even worry about it. After a few minutes, I pull her up to standing and realize she has had a little leakage, you know, of the poop variety. Nate takes her to take care of her mess and I change my pants. A couple of hours later, we're getting ready to do bath time and I ask for a kiss. He says "I still love you and I will still kiss you, even though you have poop on your shirt."

Scene 2: I'm running the water for bath time and Nate brings out a naked baby. All of a sudden, I see something dripping on the floor. Then he says, ever so nonchalantly, "Aaaaaand she's peeing on me." He changes his shirt. Later on, he gives me a smooch and I tell him "I still love you and I will still kiss you, even though you have pee on your jeans."

And...scene.

2 comments:

Manda said...

hehe... the joys of parenthood. :)

Meg O. said...

Life sure does change once there is a little one around peeing, pooing, and puking on us! But, I love it. I wouldn't change it for the world! And I love how you my friend feel the same way :) You and Nate are such awesome parents and an amazing team. Violet is so blessed!