Monday, May 24, 2010

Visit to Tremont

Violet and I took a little girl's only trip to Tremont to celebrate Riley's 8th grade graduation. I was a little nervous about traveling with a newborn by myself, but it was a great trip and I'm so glad we went. Violet is a great traveler and slept the whole way there and back. She was in a great mood and gave everyone big smiles and lots of songs.

I was also excited to go because we got to meet baby Jordan Moses Parker. My long time friend Joni and I got go share something very special. We found out last summer that we were due on the same day - March 25th! It was so fun to be able to share our pregnancy and celebrate the milestones. The story gets even better because we both went 4 days late and our babies were born only two hours apart on March 29th! They were only 1 oz different, but Violet was a couple of inches longer. Finally the birthday buddies got to meet. We put them in their Bumbo seats and it was so fun! Jordan was sleeping, but he was a good sport :-) He is such a handsome guy and he is very loved by his big brother Ezra and his parents. He's a lucky boy to have such a great family! We also got to see Ashley and Natalie again. Seeing these old friends makes me wish we lived closer and could see each other more often.

Violet and Jordan, almost 8 weeks old


Yo.



After stopping in Bloomington to meet Jordan, we headed to Tremont to see the Steffeys. Violet loves her Grammy, Grampy, Aunt, and Uncle. She especially loves her Grampy!
She just talked and smiled at him for such a long time. He loves her, too!






Don't you just love to hear a tough guy's baby voice??



Riley's party was great! She looked beautiful and it was fun to meet her friends. A friend of the family made this awesome cake for her.






Such pretty girls!



Violet also got to spend some time with her great aunt Lisa


Talking and kicking in her pack 'n' play


It was a great trip, but we're glad to be home!

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

I love that he is sleeping in his bumbo!!! hehe.. so cute. What an amazing thing to share with your friend!! And Jim cracks me up on here talking to Vi with his high voice... he reminds me so much of my dad! So glad you got to go and see family and friends and be there for Riley's party... super mom for traveling with a newborn :) Looks like she adapted great!