Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer dinner

It's summer in Saint Louis, it's 99 degrees, and it's time for grillin' and chillin'. Today that meant burgers on the grill, my famous corn salad, watermelon, and root beer. I spent all afternoon in the kitchen making and prepping meals for the week. The forecast is busy nights and several meals with friends. We've got a lot of tasty dishes on deck for this week! It all started with me shucking corn in the living room (the best place to shuck when it's 99 degrees).


















Much chopping, caramelizing, and baking ensued. Note the fresh from our garden basil and the typically overflowing compost bowl. The results were fabulous!


The burgers are topped with bacon, pepper jack cheese, peppedew peppers, caramelized red onions, and mayo. They were ridiculous. Ridiculously good, that is.

The corn salad recipe is here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/fresh-corn-salad-recipe/index.html

I make some small tweaks to my version so it can stay my famous corn salad. It cannot be beat and tastes like summer on a fork.


The proof is in the gigantic bite.

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

I was eying up your corn and burger today at work :) It looks like you guys had a perfect summer night with delicious food! Your a trooper for withstanding the heat and the grill!